Saturday 4 February 2012

Fashion Communication

This term at University has been nonstop since the word go. I was extremely excited to begin the intro to my own course this term and though very busy, I love it! Our brief was to create a magazine in the style of Elle based on the area we are living in. This required a lot of creative thinking to make the borders high fashion magazine but we are raising to the challenge and working in groups of 8 we are now two weeks until the magazine goes to print we are making good progress.
As though this project wasn't scary enough we also had to pitch our initial ideas three weeks ago to Hywel Davis, a writer and lecture from CMS. We had heard horror stories from last year’s first years so everyone was feeling the pressure. However after a great lecture from him I figured he would be profession but honest in our pitch and I just hoped he liked our work...and I wouldn't break down in front of him!
The pitch could not have gone better and it was one of the best experiences of my life! The next big challenge was delivering all of the ideas we pitched. We have done three shoots around the theme of Female Liberty. With Eve being the first women our main shoot was based around the story of a girl being tempted and rebelling and in that finding independence and freedom. Here are few of the first pictures from the eve shoot and I will post the final magazine up in a few weeks!






No comments:

Post a Comment