Friday 2 March 2012

Dancing with Dior



All afternoon I have been patiently waiting to see the Dior collection and after viewing the first pictures from vogue.com it was worth the wait.

After the scandal surrounding the house it is no surprise that the industry held their breath in anticipation for what was Bill Gaytten second collection as head of Dior.

The collection was nothing short of breath taking with the famous Dior cuts married beautifully with soft ballerina silhouettes. Now I will be honest in saying usually I am not a fan of the pastel pallet but Gaytten has converted me with these soft pastels; more dusty that sweet. With purples, duck eggs, salmon and greys taking priority the garments encaptured the 'feminine strength' Dior do so well.

With nipped in wastes and full pleated skirts the collection flowed seamlessly from the embroidered blouses and knitted capes to the pattern midis and flowing gowns. The curved silhouettes that seems to be so popular this season also brought a freshness to the traditional ballerina shapes and the flashed of leather assured the collection still had an element of edge.

The collection ended with a set of gowns only Dior can do, with my particular favourite being the long sleeved raspberry dress. With a few big names moving houses after this season the fate of Dior is still unknown but I don't think we need to panic after this collection. Gaytten I salute you! 


I love the panel effect of this look and I am a huge fan of the oh so feminine 3/4 sleeve.

With so many patterns around this season it is easy to go crossed eyed, but this is definitely a favourite


The wrapped knit is beautiful here with the v neck and draping...satisfying the prima ballerina inside us all


Probably one of the strongest pallets in the collection only with the use of this 'rounded femininity'

I <3 navy

Please mummy can I take this home??

No comments:

Post a Comment