Thursday 1 March 2012

FOR THE LOVE OF...fashion comms!

 
I feel I have very much been neglecting my blog...in fact every part of my life other than University for the past two months. I hope however that this will change as my fashion comms magazine is finished! On Monday we present our final magazine to our tutor along with Hywel Davis and I am excited and slightly terrified to hear their thoughts. Therefore I feel it is important to use the little time left to feel proud of what my group and I have achieved in case we are ripped apart during our presentation...

Our magazine L is designed in the style of ELLE and is a fashion magazine based in the borders and is targeted at all women over several generations, like ELLE. We chose the theme 'Liberty' taking inspiration from the story of Eve. This is the first of what I am sure will be many magazine projects and I have learnt a lot in the last 5 weeks. Not only can I now use indesign (Horrrahh!!), I also feel I have learnt a lot about the areas of comms that I enjoy. Though I love photography I definitely think the writing, editing and perhaps PR and advertising will be the road for me?? However it is still early days and I am just enjoying working with the people here, while doing something I really love.

So here it is...after many hours in the CAD lab and more than a few late nights studying Elle we have our magazine! Have a look and let me know what you think.










No comments:

Post a Comment