Monday 12 December 2011

'Bearly' even started

Today was the last day of my first term at University. After our final exam we all celebrated making it through the first fifteen weeks that saw new surroundings, with new challenges and friends!

The girls and I headed into town to do a spot of Christmas shopping where I purchased some gifts for friends before we took refuge from the cold wind in a cosy corner of a coffee shop with hot chocolates and copies of Grazia and Cosmo.


Our cute hot chocolates added to the excitement of Christmas and of heading home tomorrow! Sitting in the cafe, the same one I sat in nervous and excited on my first day in Gala, I couldn't help reflecting on how far we have all come. I am so grateful that I have settled in as I knew that the Uni course would be amazing but did not know how I would like being so far away from home. Gala might not be the usual 'student life' but it is important to learn that sacrifices sometimes need to be made to achieve your goals, and if that means I live for four years with an unhealthy distance between me and the nearest vintage shop then so be it!

I have learned so much and we are only just getting started. Next term we will have an introduction to Fashion Communication (my course) and I am really looking forward it! Over the holiday I will blog about the festivities but also hope to do a few pieces on my adventures from 2011.






No comments:

Post a Comment