Saturday 3 December 2011

University Project

Final photograph

So before I could really begin to think about the holiday season I had one last design project to complete. It was a Tony Cragg sculpture inspired women's skirt. These are the photographs I took of my friend and project partner Sarah wearing our final design. It was a knee length, knife pleat, navy skirt with orange buttons at the top of each pleat. We were really happy with it and it is due in next week along with our portfolio.
Now I know you will be wondering why a fashion comm. student is being let loose near a sewing machine...? Well the idea of our general first years is that all fashion students here at Heriot-Watt understand all areas of the industry and get to grips with the terminology such a knife pleat, yokes or darts. Though I have to be honest taking the photographs of the skirt was the most enjoying able part of the project so I will definitely not be changing my career choice anytime soon!


1 comment: