Sunday 27 November 2011

A Cup of Style

I always find it funny that the minute you begin to learn something new it seems to be everywhere you look. Over the last few weeks as part of my course we have been looking at styles of fashion illustrations; both commercial and stylised. While in Tesco buying tea I noticed Twining’s use of fashion illustrations, these looked familiar to me after I studied the work of Jerry Sequin


Here a loose water colour effect has been used to create a beautifully soft illustration. The contrast of colours used against the black is also very effective. Plus who doesn't want a gorgeous dress on their tea box...? I think it is a great piece of marketting especially as exotic teas are very 'fashionable' at the moment too.

I used these along with other inspiration and the works of Joe Eula, David Downton and Carl Erickson to complete my own stylised fashion illustration for the skirt project I have been working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment