Wednesday 23 November 2011

Man's Best Friend

Some say man's best friend is a dog but mine is a mole...my Moleskin journal. Due to my terrible short term memory I learnt young that I needed to write everything down and last year while in the visitors shop at the V&A I bought my first moleskin. When buying it I had no idea that these books had such support (they even have a tumbr) but it didn't take me long to understand and whole heartedly join the club.




All I wanted was a note pad to scribble down some thoughts as I walk round the exhibitions but from that day it has not left my handbag. Everything from phone numbers to web addresses and the name of new designers to 'must see' film titles get stored in the book. There is something so satisfying about it, maybe it’s the smooth black skin, the crisp parchment like paper or the fact all my random little thoughts are stored safely away because as we all know, moles never forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment