Monday 14 November 2011

Glasgow- My Girls and my Geigers

This weekend I went home to see my family and to catch up with friends. It was lovely to get back to the busyness of Glasgow and it is funny how once you have walked into Glasgow central, made your familiar path towards your platform and have over heard a dumpy yet sturdy Glaswegian granny grumble 'its goney rain' you feel like you have never been away.

Not only was my lovely mum waiting with open arms so was my Elle magazine- win! I thought the subscription cover was beautiful, simply, so clean and yet strong- my favourite kind of cover. The £25 pound Kurt Geiger card on the cover will defiantly be being used, exactly what a poor student needs!

I met up with three of my friends for dinner on Saturday night, it never fails to surprise me how much we can fit into two hours and we couldn't help getting slightly sentimental as we reminiscing about the dungaree wearing fourteen year olds now sitting with high heel extended legs under a table of stir-fry and wine. After dinner we went to a local theatre to see Beauty and the Beast and let’s face it no matter how grown up you are every girl can't resist a bit of 'tooth ache sweet' Disney. The show was fabulous and even better due to the fact it was some of our closest friends who were staring in it, it is the only time I will ever use the phrase 'that candle is my cousin!'

As we were going out to a local club after the show and now that it is officially the Christmas countdown I felt a Zara sequined skirt was acceptable. I wore it with a black wrap around cardigan (also Zara) and my black patent Kurt Geiger heels, along with a simple silver bracelet and earring set. While we are on the subject of sequins I loved last month's (Nov) Vogue spread 'After Hours' with Terry Richardson photographs. There is something so glamorous about wearing short sparkling dresses in winter, perhaps because you feel as though you are truly committed or it is the fact your feet do not hurt in your heels as you can't feel your legs because of the cold.

Sadly we were having too much fun to take any good pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment