Sunday 18 December 2011

The German Market

There is nothing that gets you more in the Christmas mood than The German Market. Yesterday I went into Glasgow to soak up the atmosphere in the city which was crowded with a mixture of frustrated and triumphant shoppers tackling the queues and the icy pavements. I took the train into the city and the view across the Clyde was beautiful, reminding me why I love home! I love the weather we have been having at the moment; cold, dry and clear skies.





The Market was mainly food and present stalls making you feel slightly as though you are in the south of France bar the sunshine. My favourite stall was the cake stall with its huge maragues that looked more like art the desert!





After wandering through the market we came across a vintage sale in a basement just the main road. A mixture of Christmas knit wear, jewellery and vintage clothes were spread out around the room. It was a great chance to look for Christmas Presents though I was distracted by the beautiful stack of cupcakes.





Loved the rail of Christmas jumpers!





The street bar in the German Market was a perfect spot for some mulled wine and food with my sister and mum before continuing with our Christmas shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment