Thursday 5 January 2012

Pretty in Pretty Green!


I would like to think I knew my stores and brands well but when asked to research a brand and retailer for menswear my mind went completely blank! Obviously there is Topman etc but I was surprised at how little I knew about this market (hopefully this terms module will improve this!)

The streets of Glasgow were oddly quiet today as everyone's wallets recover from the festivities, giving me a chance to do some research. After wandering round some high street stores I made my way to the designer shops to see Pretty Green, Liam Gallagher's label who have recently opened a new store here in Glasgow! It was great to see a fresh, edgy yet classic men's brand available. My younger brother though only 15 is more than aware of fashion but struggles to fine his look in the ray of clichéd 'teenager' clothes of damagingly skinny jeans and offensively slogan t-shirts.

The shop was empty at 10.15am allowing me to really take it in visually. The first thing I noticed was the amount of light in the store something I love; though a very cute and informed assistant did apologise for one of the bulbs being out! The clothes are arranged typically in shades and the shop is split into the different lines available giving a clear view to the contrasting looks. The loud music and bright light mixed with the glass stairs and wooden furniture managed to give off the rock and roll vibe and I instantly wanted to bring my friends in just to hang out and feel 'cool'.



The clothes themselves are clean and smart yet effortless and I was surprised by how reasonable a lot of the stocked was. The place had that new feel too (it opened in Glasgow in December) and I think it is great that Glasgow can attract a brand like Pretty Green and add it to it's already impressive portfolio!





No comments:

Post a Comment