Monday 2 January 2012

A Taste of Hunger

This is something I have been meaning to post about since I got home but so much to do with so little time!

Hunger is the new Rankin Magazine featuring all things cultural and focuses to feed our 'hunger' for everything in the arts. The magazine has two covers for its launch issue and is the biggest publication I have ever seen; more like a coffee table book (my mum obviously agreed with this as it was sat on ours over the festive period) The extensive content will get me through the dark winter months ahead.



The photography is outstanding. Unlike many fashion focused publications the photography is not wholly about the clothes which is very refreshing. I have found the photography extremely inspiring.

It opens your eyes to the number of creative people often ignored by the press, these are the people who are unmanufactured and passionate about everything the are doing and discovering.

The magazine is inspired by Rankin's first exhibition 'Visually Hungry' and perhaps his continued feeling about his career and life. I love the connection he manages to highlight between all art forms from make-up artists to musicians and more importantly the people themselves who are not afraid in drive forward.





No comments:

Post a Comment