Saturday 20 October 2012

Accessory Campaign


Our second brief is to do with fashion still life, and is perhaps one of the more challenging areas to get inspired by. When photographing or reading fashion journalism it is usually the personality behind the picture that captures me, you do not have this hook when photographing objects.

Therefore it is important to be creative. Using photographers such as Martin Parr and Sam Taylor Wood I began looking at how I could photograph accessories in a campaign that would be visually interesting while still showcasing the fashion items.

I chose to place the chosen items along with unusual situations for fashion advertisement. Heavily inspired by Sam Taylor Woods use of decay and Martin Parr's focus on everyday scenes I put together images that could be used as part of a shoe spread for the magazine Wonderland. This is one of the magazines I have been studying this term, it is an aspirational lifestyle magazine with a clear focus on new and emerging talent in the creative industries.

 
I am happy with the images I have produced so far but as we are only in week six these are just working examples as the final spreads will be more developed and hopefully more impressive.



No comments:

Post a Comment