Saturday 20 October 2012

Starting with the minimal


London Fashion Week now feels like a distant memory as exciting project briefs are now taking up all my time. As I have said before this term we are coving the creative aspects of the course with modules in Fashion photography, fashion film, Still life( advertising campaigns) as well as a continuous module in contemporary and contextual studies.
 
I have been really enjoying learning about the art direction though I would not say photography is one of my strong points nor the direction I want to pursue.

First up we have fashion photography and over the four weeks we have completed a minimal styling shoot, a styling shoot and a hair/wig/ makeup shoot. This involved a lot of research work before deciding the final direction of your shoots.

Minimal styling can be interpreted differently but if you think of Stella McCartney, Celene or Chloe they are all famous for their minimal styling as brands. Minimal can mean the amount of clothing, detail or backdrop etc used.

It is also a good exercise to explore lighting effects and mood in capturing the brand, collection or idea. Minimal styling is surprising versatile as you can see in the two very different images I have chosen to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment