Saturday 20 October 2012

In the street at LFW


One of the areas we were instructed to cover during our LFW project was Street Style. Documenting this is a great way to learn how the trends from the cat walk are interpreted on the street. In a time when money is tight wearability is key to any brand wanting to survive.



It is also a great way to judge the direction of fashion, we are continually reminded of the importance of customer awareness and how knowing what your customer wants will assure you deliver and sell.

I had a lot of fun doing this part of the project once I had got over the nerves of approaching everyone from possible 'VIPs' to stylish students to photograph them. I think it is the only place where posing is not judged but expected.

There is a really interesting dialogue occurring in the industry at the moment with a mutual respect between the street fashion and all fashion magazines, glossy included. Here is ten of the street style photographs that were part of my project. Key trends on the street were neon, sport luxe and hats but I decided not to limit myself so went with a general accessories theme as a focus.









No comments:

Post a Comment